Saturday, February 21, 2009

Louisville Farm Show

How fun of a day was this for a 4-year-old boy!! THOUSANDS of tractors, engines, parts, tools, and farmers everywhere!! The big boys had a good time too...there never is enough time to go through the entire complex and see everything. Griffin's favorite part was climbing in and out of the big tractor tires as well as climbing into the cabs of the tractors and combines! There was lots of steering and pedal pushing and lever moving for him!! Wow was he in Heaven!!

He was fastenated by the big Cummins engine below...why and how he knew what it was??? I have no idea other than it is in his "genes" because Griffin and I were browsing around this section by ourselves the guys were off looking at things in a tight aisle so Griffin and I went ahead to bigger and better things that he could climb on! ha ha

The Massey Ferguson Booth by far was my favorite...they had this neat little play area set up for the kids with a pedal tractor and coloring contest. They let the kids get on and ride around on the pedal tractor and a little picnic table set up with coloring papers and crayons to sit and color the paper for the contest. Griffin was so excited! He said "I'm SO going to win that tractor!" They were going to have a random drawing and the winner would get the little red pedal tractor. I guess he didn't win since we haven't received a phone call! ha ha.

Phil Cornelius went along with us to help drive since Neal & Les had been up the previous night loading out birds for Far Best! Griffin had a great time hanging on Phil too and enjoyed taking a breaking sitting in the John Deere combine wheel...must have been freshly painted they both ended up with yellow on their shirt tails! This was my favorite tractor! I know I should be all about the power and performance but I'll leave that up to my husband, the farmer. I was about how cool that Case IH painted a tractor like the American flag!! After all what would America be without it's farmers and their tractors!

We had a really good time and as we were leaving Griffin said "where we going?? I want to see more tractors!" He can never get enough...I guess there's always next year!!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Susie, I am so glad he had a great time. I can't wait for Brody to be able to go with Brad. I know he would love it too. Did you enjoy yourself...I was a little bored.

Holiday World

Family Fun