Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Birthday Cakes

A couple people have asked about Griffin's cake and I've been behind on posting about Griffin & Natalie's b-day party, which I'll post later but wanted to go ahead and mention about their cakes! They were AWESOME! My BFF, Kiersten, made them for me! She is just amazing in her talent! Griffin's cake I wanted to be circus/carnival theme because that's what we did for the party. I just gave Kiersten some ideas and she ran with it and came up with this beautiful cake! Everything is made of some kind of icing! Even the adorable little elephant on top is made from ICING!! Aren't they just the cutest things! The elephants also Griffin with his big cousin Kyle they are pretty cute too!


And all the little balls around the edges and the stars are all icing too! I absolutely LOVED his cake and it was yummy too!



Natalie LOVE, LOVE, LOVES CHOCOLATE so her cake was a suprise to her but she too LOVED it! The pictures don't do justice for her cake it was pink with Hershey Chocolate bars and kisses lined along the sides! It was just PERFECT for Natalie and there was chocolate cake under the icing...A DREAM come TRUE for Natalie!
I tried to include different photos just to give you a better look at the cake. I really wish the lighting would have been better to show how pretty the pink was with the chocolate...the pictures still look good of the cake just didn't quite pick up the true pink color of the icing.
If you ever need a FABULOUS cake feel free to contact my dear friend, Kiersten at stahls1998@att.net. You can also see samples of her cakes on her side bar of her blog too! She is the sweetest person to work with and her cakes and talents are the best I have seen around especially cakes with the fondant icing!! Below are pictures of other cakes that she has done for other clients...I love these cakes too...so I thought I'd include them in the post so you can see some more of her AMAZING work!

The baby on this cake is made from icing too!

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

awesome cakes! natalie is my kind of girl w/ all that chocolate :)

Tera said...

I completely agree...the pictures do not do Natalie's cake justice! The pink was SOOO pretty!

Holiday World

Family Fun