Friday, May 22, 2009

Swing set & Awards Day!

Okay for whatever reason, blogger is not letting me move my pictures around in this post. These swing set pictures were suppose to be at the end of the post and now are at the beginning....UGH!!! Anyway we have a new SWING SET!! Our old swing set bit the dust last summer when Megan was doing a flip on the trapeze bar and it snapped right in two and she nearly landed upside down on her head/neck...PTL her shoulder took the brunt of the fall instead of her neck! Scared me to death! So that being said we decided to invest in something that would withstand the rugged play of our three children along with the many other kids that visit our house on occasions! The kids were super EXCITED to "find" their swing set when they got home as this one is in a different location than the last, which I am EXCITED about! Now all I have to do is look out the kitchen window and I can see them playing!

Griffin right away tried out the twirly slide and ABSOLUTELY squelled with delight! (by the way it is suppose to be blue but they were out of blue ones and gave us a temporary yellow one to use works just the same I am sure)

It has a fire pole too! Natalie looked like a monkey swinging from the thing! (Natalie has her swim suit on because I guess with all the excitement they thought it really was summer and Megan got the sprinkler out..and I was like why not add even more fun!)


Megan climbed up on top of the monkey bars right away to adjust the swings higher...can you see my other monkey in the background climbing?



It has a cool little loft area at the top and Megan right away went in and made PBJs and brought them out along with crackers and water for an improtu picnic. They were LOVING every detail of the swing set! It also has another straight slide on the back side of the set so nobody should be having to fight over a slide! I can't even reach the monkey bars or the top of the slide so their should be plenty of room for them to still grow into it! It was such a GORGEOUS afternoon and they even wanted to play on it after we got home from dog club and gymnastics at 9:00 p.m. last night! Good thing they were done with all their work at school because it was very hard to get them to go to bed last night! They are so ready for Summer Break and so am I!










Megan & Natalie had their Awards Day at school yesterday. All their hard work of studying all year long proved itself in their awards. Megan's 4th Grade Awards: High Honors Award (An "A" average both semesters, she had one B in reading the first six weeks) and National Fitness Award. Natalie's 3rd Grade Awards: Academic Excellence (Straight A's all year), National Fitness Award, and The Citizenship Award! I am so extremely Proud of My TWO GIRLS! To see their faces light up when they received their awards makes up for all the not so fun times of doing all the homework, lessons, and practices. Success definitely doesn't just happen and I am very thankful for the work habits and study habits they are developing but there is ALWAYS room for improvement so hopefully they will continue to do well in the years to come.....next year we will have a 5th grader, 4th grader, and Kindergartener in our household! Thank Goodness we have a Father in Heaven who looks out for us!

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun