Monday, May 25, 2009

Life with a Boy ~ Good-bye Training Wheels!

I was in the middle of fixing dinner and Les comes to the door and said grab your camera you'll want to see this...I thought the kids were outside playing baseball and thinking Griffin must have learned to hit the ball even harder.....well to my surprise my little boy was RIDING his BIKE with NO TRAINING WHEELS! He turned 5 two days ago and now I guess he's ready to conquer the world on TWO Wheels!

And what do you think was one of the first things he set out to conquer????? The water/mud puddles left over from the rain! That really didn't surprise me!I guess the reason the training wheels came off is because Griffin wanted to keep up with his sisters riding in the rocks and with the training wheels he couldn't go as fast as they were...so daddy-o decided it was time to take them off and away Griffin went and now he was leading the pack!

Megan has been doing wheelies with her bike! (she has ALOT of her dad in her!) Anyway she wanted me to take a picture of her doing a wheelie but I couldn't ever catch her doing it so she decided to "strike a pose" with her bike! Heaven help us! She's so crazy!
And then there is my sweet little Natalie posing on her "pink" bike, wearing her "One of Kind Hershey's Girl" t-shirt and a skirt with the braid in her hair. Can you see the differences in their personalities??? They are both my fun-loving Graber Girls but God gave them two distinct personalities and I love them both dearly!
The stinky rainy day didn't stop my three from having fun today, in fact they all came in dirty from head to toe a couple different times today from having fun in the rain! Needless to say they really don't care about the extra loads of laundry from changing their clothes 3 times today! Oh well I guess that's just part of being mom and I wouldn't trade that for the world!

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

i just love your kids! they are so cute! goooo griffin! b keeps talking about wanting his training wheels off b/c jayce does (his cousin who is 8!). i told him he is wayyy too little still, lol. i think i was around his age when i got mine off, but i don't want to think about him doing it yet! i won't let him see this post of griffin, hehe :)

Tera said...

Yeah!! I hadn't seen this until I saw your post on my blog! How cool! I'll have to tell Braylee!

Anonymous said...

Do you know what your 5-year old wants to be? I was talking to the kids in S.S.about becoming great. Some wanted to be a great doctor, scientist, artist, etc.. Griffin wants to become a great rock star!!lol Jenny & I had to hide our faces for a bit.

Susie said...

Thats a new one Phillis!! It's gone from Football player, Farmer, Weather Man, and now Rock Star! Wonder which one he'll end up being????? Did he play his pretend guitar for you when he said that? He's quite the little "rocker"! ha ha..

Holiday World

Family Fun