Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day


I have mixed emotions about Fathers Day. Especially with my own father....how do I want to say it?....Well lets just say "He dropped the ball". Even through all the dysfunction, He did emphasize that I go to church even though he didn't. I am thankful for that because I did learn there is a God in Heaven who is a father to the fatherless and loves me unconditionally! And showed me I don't have to live under the umbrella of ancestoral sin and unforgiveness and can break that cycle! Whoo Hooo! Isn't God so amazing! With all that being said God has been soooo goood to me and has placed Godly men in my life. I can't thank God enough for the Gift that is to me and my children. First there is my brother, Kevin, who caught the "ball" when my dad dropped it and just took over watching out for me and mentoring me (also have to mention his wife, Carrie, because she so totally ROCKS! and was a part of all of that too!) There are not enough words to express my gratitude for all they have done.

(Les & Kevin with kids on Father's Day lunch, where else but our consistent, Mi Peublo)


Then God brought me into the Graber Legacy! Wow what another gift from God!

(by the way, have you noticed God hasn't really changed the mold in the making of the Graber men, except making them a little taller!)

As Dysfunctional as my own dad is.... then there is the complete opposite end of the Spectrum...with Les', dad, Keith. He has always loved the Lord and served him whole heartedly...And came from a family that were very strong in their faith. Grandpa Ervin, even though, I didn't know him but a short time...I hear the stories and am blessed to live in the "home place" and be a part of this family. Griffin even told me a while back....did you know my grandpa's daddy built this house for us? I know when he did build this house, he was building it for his own family of 11, but maybe he knew that some day the next generation would live here too! OH MY...if the walls could talk! Grandpa Ervin did pass on the wisdom of loving your family just as Christ loved the church, and I am thankful for that because Keith, has passed it onto Les! No these men were and are not perfect, as none are and maybe they're not that bold is speaking out their faith in words. But their everyday life and Actions speak louder than any words. And for that I thank God for the Gift that he has given me in each one of them and that they all have influence on my own children passing on God's heritage to the next generation. Thanks Guys!

Megan, Natalie, Griffin at Bethel Bible School program on Sunday evening.

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun