Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random Thoughts of the Day.

So We've kind of been all over Daviess County in one day. The kids have been going to bible school at Bethel Mennonite, which is on the Northern side of Daviess County. Kaelyn is going this year too! We brought her home with us as her daddy was helping out raking hay. So she got to tag along while I did all my town errands..dropping dication off, bank, radio shack, hallmark, wal-mart...so I decided all that needed broken up with a stop at Scoops...just the best ice cream stop in Daviess County, IMHO. Which happens to be on the West side of Daviess County in Washington. Megan, Griffin, and Kaelyn all got Blue Moon ice cream and Natalie had to have her chocolate so she got a dilly bar! I went for strawberry!

Natalie was invited to her friend, Nicole's b-day slumber party, last night, which was way down in the middle of nowwhere....a.k.a. southern daviess county or God's country. When I dropped her off there was a HUGE down pour and I got soaked taking her into the house. As we left Natalie there..we hadn't gone but maybe 1/4 of a mile and it was dry as a bone. Just like Indiana weather. God gave us a beautiful rainbow to look at all the way home. It's pretty faint in the left side of the picture.
Well finally back to the homestead, which happens to sit on the East side on the Daviess County Line. I had to include this picture of Natalie running. Now that it is summer, she begs for me to let her out of the van and run to the house. I let her off at the edge of our property and she runs the length of the field... it is between 1/4 and 1/2 mile. She has been going to all her cousins CC meets since she was a baby and now of course wants to do it herself! She tells me she is going to run 7 miles with her Aunt Lisa...she said "I know I can mom!" I'm sure one day she will but right now at age 8..I think she needs to stick to her run up the road!
This picture was taken half-way into her run.
She is funny to watch...she paces herself..and then puts in the big sprint to the end..
I thought I'd just share this last picture of one of Les' finds in the hay field. A snapping turtle. The kids like seeing stuff like that...but that's where some of my city girl comes out in me....I'm not so much into turtles...they kind of rank behind the snake for me...Just glad Les didn't leave it in there for me to find when I went to clean his lunch cooler out! YIKES!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading your stuff and seeing all of those gorgeous kids-- including the Klopfenstein one! ha

Holiday World

Family Fun